Wednesday, May 20, 2009

clarification

Hello all,

I'd first of all like to clear the air, because there are mis-impressions and mis-communications going around about an article written recently at Imagine (le) Mile End. The article is about Montréal police officers stopping our gardening events on private railway land last Sunday May 17th. See article here: http://imaginemileend.tumblr.com/. I did not write this article.

I want to clarify that I never made assumptions about borough mayor Helen Fotopulos calling in the cops and have always enjoyed our interactions. I have been thrilled thus far with her support of my project. I appreciate her support and commitment to the greening of the borough. It has always been my intention to work cooperatively with her. I hope we can do this in the future, as there are some super inspired ideas simmering in our neighborhood at the moment. If she is willing to come out to our events, (which has indeed expressed interest in) then that would be wonderful.

Marke (of http://imaginemileend.tumblr.com) is entitled to his opinions, and has every right to express himself over the touchy and mysterious occurrence of Sunday. I am enjoying the abundance of discussion occurring over this topic.

We are in the process of seeing what we are and aren't allowed to do on CP land in the coming week. Plans for a small festival are shaping up for Saturday June 20th from 1pm-11pm. It is shaping up to be an amazing day! We will need help co-creating it please, so get in touch w Emily asap. A calendar with 2009 events will be up on my site shortly.